Latest update: August 28, 2020
Golf COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
As our staff and management prepared for the 2020 season, we have watched carefully the progress of the COVID-19 Pandemic. We have monitored closely the recommendations and precautionary measures of Health Canada, the BC Centre for Disease Control and our provincial health officer.
While we acknowledge that the absolute best practice is to stay home, given the nature of the sport of golf amidst wide open spaces, and with rigid protocols in place, the game can continue to be played, keeping both golfers and employees safe from the transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
We appreciate the need of our local community and our members for safe recreation opportunities that support physical and mental well-being during these challenging times, while maintaining an appropriate amount of social distancing.
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort is committed to the ongoing safety of our community, our golfers and our team members. As a result, a number of precautionary measures have been put in place to ensure that everyone will stay safe in and around our golf courses that are open. Safety will rely on the full cooperation of golfers and our team members from the time we arrive at the facility until the time we leave.
Policies and Procedures
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, or have traveled in the past 14 days, please stay at home and self-isolate.
- Practice physical distancing of at least 2 meters from all guests and staff members.
- Please arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to tee time, you will only have 30 minutes to warm-up.
- Players are asked to make all reservations online or by telephone. We are unable to accept walk-on tee times.
- You will be directed upon arrival to the Guest Services area.
- Bag drop is located at Guest Services gazebo for your convenience, you must load/unload your own golf bag from your car to cart.
- Guest Services will direct you to your cart or pull cart – they’ve been sanitized that day prior to use, as well as cleaned after each use.
- Following the round, return your cart to the Guest Services Gazebo. Please remove ALL garbage & belongings upon return.
- The Golf Shops are open for shopping. Please sanitize your hands upon entering and limit the items you touch. Maximum of 6 people allowed in the golf shop at a time.
- Effective September 01, 2020 face coverings are required in all our indoor public areas for guests and team members. Click HERE for our Health & Safety Promise to you. We strongly encourage you to bring your own face coverings. Alternatively, we will provide disposable masks based on availability.
- Every-other driving range bay is closed for physical distancing protocols, warm-ups are limited to 30 minutes max. Follow physical distancing protocols when on practice green.
- Range ball pin codes can be picked up from the golf shop, please return your basket to the sanitization bin once empty.
- Scorecards are on the cart otherwise available at request. Please bring your own pencil.
- Playing through groups is NOT permitted – please keep your distance from the group ahead.
- Flagsticks will remain in the cup & are not to be handled. There is a foamy in the cup to prevent the ball from going too deep.
- Bunker rakes are removed. Use feet to smooth any footprints. Use preferred lies, place your ball then hit.
- Do not touch lost golf balls, tees or clubs that you find on course.
- On-course and main Club House washrooms are open.
- Refrain from handshakes or other physical contact as part of post-game etiquette.
- Shared carts permitted to those living in the same household or that traveled to the course together.
- Absolutely no outside alcohol permitted. Beverage cart not available at this time.
- Upon finishing, exit to the right of 18 green, return cart and please leave the property immediately unless entering Dapper’s Landing for any post round dining or drinks.
We acknowledge that every golfer will make their own decision as to whether it is in their best interest to golf during these times or not. However, should you choose to join us, we will welcome you and require your full cooperation with regards to the measures that have been implemented for everyone’s safety.