Celebrate the Holidays at FHSR
The holiday season at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort will be more magical than ever! Our charming lodge will instantly get you in the spirit of the season. Our steaming hot springs, fireside lobby and holiday festivities are sure to get you in the holiday spirit.
Each year we kick off the holidays with the annual Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade with dozens of skiers and their blazing torches winding down the slopes through the darkness at our Family Ski Area. “This is a special time of year for everyone at the ski hill,” says Peter Harding, Ski Hill Manager at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort. “The Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade and Fireworks have been a tradition for families and friends for 29 years.” This free event takes place on December 24th from 5:30pm – 7:00pm and is complete with fireworks that follow the parade. Keep an eye out for Santa too! Be sure to arrive early to ensure parking.
Fairmont Hot Springs Resort’s annual Columbia Valley Food Bank fundraiser takes place on Christmas day with free entry into our hot springs with a food or cash donation. Our natural mineral hot springs will be open from 10:00am – 6:00pm Christmas Day. Come enjoy a relaxing soak and support our local Food Bank.
Other activities during the holidays include:
- Christmas Day Brunch and Dinner in Mountain Flowers Restaurant (Reservations strongly recommended)
- Holiday Yoga throughout the week. Select times on Dec 23, 24, 27 & 30.
- Wine Tasting with our in-house Sommelier Erin Dowsett. Join Erin December 23 & December 30 from 5:00pm – 6:00pm for a taste of 4 of BC’s best wines, each paired with a cheese selected by our Executive Chef. $10 per person.
- Festive musical performance by local duo Dos Equis: Christmas carols fireside in our lobby, free hot cocoa and treats provided. December 23 from 6:00pm – 8:00pm. FREE
- Glow in the dark New Year’s Eve pool party. Games, treats, music. FREE with entry to our natural mineral hot springs. Dec 31 from 8:00pm – 10:30pm.
- New Years Eve Party at Bears Paw Bar and Grill. Live DJ, party favors, champagne at midnight. NO COVER! 9:00pm – Close
- New Years Eve Fireworks. Dec 31 at 10:00pm on the lodge grounds.
“We have all kinds of activities happening at the resort this year. Our holiday events have been created for families to have some fun and reconnect over the holiday season” says Charlotte Moos, Special Events Coordinator of Fairmont Hot Springs Resort.
Don’t forget about the Fairmont Hot Springs Ski Area opening December 19, 2014! Open daily from 9:30am – 4:30pm, it’s the perfect family friendly ski hill. Popular features include our new tube park, expanded terrain park and ski and snowboard lessons available daily, there’s something for everyone! Throughout the holidays we will be hosting games for all ages including the Elf on the Ski Hill scavenger hunt December 24th!
Christmas Day Brunch: Reservations strongly recommended. Call 250.345.6015
Join us Christmas Day at Mountain Flowers Restaurant for a festive family brunch!
Seniors (65+): $19.95
Kids 9-12: $14.95
Kids 5-8: $10.95
Kids 4 and under: FREE
Christmas Day Dinner Buffet: Reservations strongly recommended. Call 250.345.6015
A traditional Christmas dinner including Turkey and all the fixings!
Senior (65+): $30.95
Kids 9-12: 19.95
Kids 5-8: 12.95
Kids 4 and under: FREE