To provide fast, friendly, efficient service and maintain a clean and orderly dining outlet, as well as to promote Fairmont Hot Springs Resort. We’re looking for servers for various food & beverage outlets around the Resort.
- You will be issued a uniform when you are hired; you are required to be in full uniform during your entire shift unless otherwise directed
- To finger-in on time and finger-out for every shift
- Be prepared for work ten (10) minutes prior to shift commencement
- Preparation for opening restaurant outlets (inspect area for cleanliness and maintenance problems).
- Proper use of restaurant equipment
- Knowledge of our operating system
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness in assigned areas and service bar
- Knowledge of wines and spirits
- Knowledge of menu items, future events and promotions
- Know daily specials, soup and items we are out of
- Keep your section clean and orderly and assist others when time permits – we are a team
- Ensure that tables in your section are set completely
- Ensure fresh coffee is available at all times
- Greet guests with a smile and always maintain a pleasant voice
- Check that your guests are satisfied and consistently check if they require anything else
- Ensure all clean up duties are completed before ending shift
- Report customer complaints to supervisor and handle minor guest problems
- Maintain good communication with staff and management
- Close and clean service bar in evening when Bartender and Supervisor are not present; perform weekly cleaning duties when time permits
- All serving staff must inform their supervisor or senior server when taking their break or ending their shift
- Report to your supervisor/manager immediately of any dangerous or unlawful actions taking place
- All written directives (i.e. memos) must be initialed after reading
- Ask questions!
- Must be 19 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma
- Must have the ability to work in a fast pace environment and the ability to work with all types of personalities
- Workable knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Publisher, Internet, and POS Systems
Must be able to work shift work including evenings, weekends and stat holidays.
Must be able to work long hours on your feet. Must be able to aid in convention set-up, therefore must be able to haul tables and chairs (at approximately 50 lbs at one time).