The Massage Therapist administers professional massage and body treatments to our guests. They must have a thorough knowledge of numerous massage modalities, posses a general understanding of body treatments and be willing to train in our spa’s specific massage and body treatment offerings. They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our guests. They must hold and maintain a current registration number and be willing to maintain their registration.
- Provide consistent professional massage and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Effectively inform and educate our guests about specific wellness concerns.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work, properly clean and restock room as required.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests.
- Possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
- Support and promote the resort as a whole being helpful to other areas when necessary.
- Other duties as required. Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Must be a team player.
- Problem solving skills, critical thinking, significant use of memory
- Desire for continuous learning
- Must be a BC Registered Massage Therapist
This is a fast paced environment during certain times of the year in which you will work under pressure, with tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, and attention to detail will be necessary. You will need to be flexible with scheduling, you will work weekends and time off at peak times will likely not be granted.
This position is physically demanding and involves a combination of sitting, standing, walking, carrying laundry, standing for extended periods of time, bending, crouching and kneeling.
Reports to the Spa Manager