The Lifeguard provides safety in and around the pool facility. Lifeguards prevent accidents, rescue, serve as public relation officers & administrators.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of patrons in the pool facilities
- Ethical and legal duty to provide patrons with a high level of concern and a high standard of care for their safety
- Facilitate a safe and enjoyable aquatic experience
- Ensure the pool facility is clean and that safety equipment is in place/working condition on a daily basis
- Do water tests daily
- Assist in ticket office duties when required
- Assist in maintenance duties, such as locker room cleaning and pool cleaning shifts, as well as other tasks around the pool
- Provide first aid as required
- Must have a current NLS qualification and CPR-C & AED training.
- Good customer service and public relation skills
As a Lifeguard, you will be required to work day and night shifts; at times you will be doing regular cleaning and maintenance of locker rooms and pools. Challenges with an out door facility are weather and other elements.
Physical and mental fitness are prerequisites for effective lifeguarding; these skills are needed to sustain vigilant, attentive and alert supervision
Head Lifeguard or Hot Springs Manager