|Ends||Thursday, Oct 31st 2019|
Who We Are – Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, home to Canada’s largest natural mineral hot springs, is a year-round destination nestled in the heart of the British Columbia Rocky Mountains and the stunning Columbia Valley.
Guests and day visitors can enjoy everything one of Canada’s most all-encompassing experiences has to offer including the legendary natural mineral hot springs pools, 45 holes of golf across 3 courses, a stunning RV resort and a campground, the Natural Springs Spa, our family-friendly ski area, and a variety of outdoor experiences and activities.
Our full-service destination resort promises to create memories and to connect people through the wonder of nature.
Who You Are – You are a water lover with a can-do attitude. You are a strong communicator and work well with guests and colleagues. You enjoy communicating and enforcing rules and regulations to keep people safe. Your strong communication skills and attentiveness combined with your responsible nature set you up for success. Your experience and knowledge within the pool lifeguarding environment make you an ideal candidate for this position.
You will embrace our Vision and Brand Promise to deliver the best Rocky Mountain experiences and memories for our guests.
Position Summary – The Hot Springs Memory Maker is responsible to ensure that all guests and patrons in and around the hot springs are adhering to all rules and regulations, while enjoying their time spent at the hot springs.
Real, Full-Time Hours = 40 Hours/Week
Competitive compensation package including a bonus of $2.00/hour for all hours worked during peak season
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a fun and safe environment for patrons.
- Ensure participants meet the minimum requirements of admission standards.
- Work as a team member and actively in facility upkeep.
- Record and submit all forms and documentation including but not limited to: bather load, incident and accident reports, opening and closing checklists.
- Follow maintenance checklists and record tasks including but not limited to conducting walking inspections of change rooms, Guest Pool, and public areas.
- Attend all training sessions.
- Address all disciplinary, safety issues and complaints involving the public and report to the immediate supervisor.
- Be knowledgeable and enforce all Fairmont Hot Springs policies.
- Maintain a neat and tidy workplace.
- Represent Fairmont Hot Springs Resort and maintain outstanding public relations shills and a professional image at all times.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
- Current certifications
- National Lifeguard – Pool
- Standard First Aid and CPR/ AED
- Proven customer service skills
- Hours of operations vary: opening and closing shifts, statutory Holidays
- Year-round lifeguarding: proper clothing for Winter weather
- Winter coats and toques provided
- Sunscreen and hats provided in the summer