|Ends||Monday, Sep 30th 2019|
Hot Springs Memory Maker/ AKA Lifeguard.
Looking to enhance your aquatic experience? Fairmont Hot Springs Resort is one of Canada’s most all-encompassing experiences. There are very few places in this country where you can effortlessly fit in a game of golf, a handful of runs at the slopes and soak in the hot springs, all in one resort location.
Come make memories at our year-round natural Hot Springs Pool. Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, located in the quaint town of Fairmont Hot Springs, British Columbia, offers picturesque views and the opportunity to create an abundance of memories. With an unmeasurable amount of hiking trails, the Columbia River to float or skate, and the most welcoming people you will ever meet – this is the ultimate Lifeguarding experience.
Did we mention the other perks?!
- Free Golf – We have three golf courses for your summer enjoyment
- Riverside – Columbia River runs through the course, with view of the Purcell Mountains
- Mountainside – Rocky Mountains overlooking the course, view of the Columbia Lake
- Creekside – New golfer and family friendly, Par 3 “big hole” golf course
- Free Access to our Family Ski Hill
- Reciprocal Ski Passes to 20+ Resorts
- Staff Accommodation
- Affordable Pricing – Taken out of your pay cheque so you never have to worry about spending your rent
- Great Location – A 30 second drive to the resort or 15-minute walk up the hill
- Housing Options – four different housing options to choose from
- Access to the Public Hot Springs Pools, Plunge Pools, Steam Room, and Sauna
- Workout Studio and Gym – Rarely used by hotel guests, making it feel like a private gym
- Discounts to Food, Spa, and Reservations
- Enjoy all the Spa has to offer with great discounts
- Two restaurant’s, one café, and four seasonal dining options
- Bring your family out for a visit and have them stay with us at a discounted rate
- Provide a fun and safe environment for patrons.
- Ensure participants meet the minimum requirements of admission standards.
- Work as a team member and actively in facility upkeep.
- Record and submit all forms and documentation including but not limited to: bather load, incident and accident reports, opening and closing checklists.
- Follow maintenance checklists and record tasks including but not limited to conducting walking inspections of change rooms, Guest Pool, and public areas.
- Attend all training sessions.
- Address all disciplinary, safety issues and complaints involving the public and report to the immediate supervisor.
- Be knowledgeable and enforce all Fairmont Hot Springs policies.
- Maintain a neat and tidy workplace.
- Represent Fairmont Hot Springs Resort and maintain outstanding public relations shills and a professional image at all times.
- Other duties assigned.
- Current certifications
- National Lifeguard – Pool
- Standard First Aid and CPR/ AED
- Must demonstrate core values
- Make it happen
- Always do the right thing
- Love where you live and work
- Everything with passion
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
- Proven customer service skills
- Hours of operations vary: opening and closing shifts, statutory Holidays
- Year-round lifeguarding: proper clothing for Winter weather
- Winter coats and toques provided
- Sunscreen and hats provided in the summer
Interested applications please forward your cover letter and resume in PDF format, with the position in the subject line, to the attention of: