Director of Real Estate
|Ends||Tuesday, Dec 31st 2019|
|Division||Real Estate & Development|
The Director of Real Estate for Fairmont Hot Springs Resort provides overall direction and guidance for the real estate activities of the organization and has the objective of maximizing growth and profitability for those activities; and provides day-to-day leadership and management for all company real estate functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Is responsible for the monitoring and execution of all real estate related activities for the resort. This includes managing and preparing information related to a broad range of land development activities including real estate diligence, feasibility studies, land use and architectural planning and design, securing regulatory approvals for real estate development projects and real estate sales and marketing.
- Is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Real Estate department, including purchaser relations, employee satisfaction, profit and loss, and health and safety. The Real Estate department includes all non-operations land (including lands owned and optioned by the company and land tenures held by the company), real estate development projects and timeshare operations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the industry, including an understanding of local real estate trends.
- The creation and development of a dynamic marketing and sales program for all land and real estate related activities. The sales and marketing program will create and monitor the brand, the plans, and data collection and analysis.
- The creation of business plans for all land development related activities for approval by the Board.
- Build financial models to validate the potential for new real estate initiatives.
- Facilitate and maintain land use approvals for real estate development by maintaining strong relationships with local government and Provincial land use and environmental approval agencies.
- Will work within the community on matters related to corporate responsibility and land ethics to develop a positive relationship that will create healthy growth for both parties. This may include membership in community organizations, working with community steering committees and as an active community member.
- Will work with the Operations and Utility divisions to achieve synergy for all parties and to earn a reputation as a respected and trusted member of the staff and senior management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in land planning, engineering or related field required.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of leadership as well as management skills.
- Experience developing and closing strategic real estate transactions.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
- Excellent management writing, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- High level of accountability, integrity and confidentiality.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in the resort development industry
The nature of the job will require a normal working week with the addition of responsibilities outside of these times. This may include company and community meetings or special functions. There will also be an expectation to participate in local community business associations and other industry associations.
In order to maintain good mental health it is expected that attempts are made to maintain good physical health.
Any current or future employees of the Real Estate department.
President & CEO
Please send your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 250.345.6616