|Ends||Monday, Dec 31st 2018|
|Division||Food & Beverage|
What It Is
You’ll be producing and preparing menu items for restaurants or events, while continually maximizing efficiency and service, and ensuring quality and presentation to company standards.
Things You’ll Do
You’ll be responsible for helping the kitchen prior to a restaurant’s opening; preparing all menu items; prepping all menu items; quality controlling all prepared food; minimizing waste; maintaining a clean and safe work area; maintaining a presentable appearance to guests; ensure the kitchen is clean prior to closing; any other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
We want you to have:
- 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced kitchen
- Grade 10 math and reading skills
- Ability to work within strict time deadlines
- Food Safe Level 1
- Working knowledge of standard cost controls and waste management protocols
- Ability to work solo and as part of a team
For Your Information
You’ll likely be:
- Standing for long periods of time while preparing food
- Working different hours like nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Lifting heavy items
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll be reporting to the Sous Chef, Chef de Partie & Executive Chef.