Chef de Partie
|Ends||Tuesday, Dec 31st 2019|
|Division||Food & Beverage|
What It Is
You’ll oversee kitchen preparation and cooking for restaurant and event dishes, as directed by the Executive Chef.
Things You’ll Do
You’ll be responsible for running and supervising the kitchen section to the standards communicated by the Executive Chef; ensuring all prep for your section is complete and ready for service; the quality control of stock and prepared foods; ensure foods are cooked quickly, efficiently and to a high standard; keeping your kitchen clean; supporting the Sous & Executive Chefs; following kitchen policies, procedures and other standards; any other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
We want you to have:
- Your Red Seal certification
- 3 years’ experience in the culinary field
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities
- Responsibility and reliability
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to remain calm and courteous at all times and finally, focus on guest needs
For Your Information
You’ll likely be:
- Hourly Rate: $20.00
- Working extended hours, often including weekends and holidays
- Lifting at least 50lbs
- Standing for long periods of time while preparing food
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll have Cooks, Dishwashers, Line Cooks, and a Second Cook reporting to you; you’ll report to the Executive Chef.