Administrative Assistant Food & Beverage
|Ends||Monday, Dec 31st 2018|
|Division||Food & Beverage|
What It Is
Working under the supervision of Food and Beverage Manager, the Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of general administrative, clerical tasks as well as supervise procedures in the shipping and receiving department.
Things You’ll Do
The incumbent will be required to both take direction and work intuitively to support the completion of the department’s goals and objectives in a professionally and culturally appropriate manner.
• Oversees completion of monthly inventories for each outlet.
• Operates office equipment such as computers, fax machines, photocopiers, voice mail messaging systems and computer scanning equipment to complete department tasks.
• Assist other supervisors and chefs with product orders from suppliers
• Maintain record system of inventories and deliveries
• Provide costs associated with menu items to Executive Chef
• Coordinates any required repairs to Food and Beverage Equipment as well as office equipment.
• Coordinates and completes significant special projects independently or in cooperation with other groups as directed by the Food and Beverage Manager.
• Completes confidential administrative services for the Manager.
• Assists in the development of the department budget and ensures spending remains within acceptable variances.
• Prepares financial, expenditures and payment authorization forms, and administrative documents for authorization by the Manager, such as cheque requisitions, purchase orders, etc.
• Codes invoices according to department guidelines and budgets
• Oversee incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
• Compiles records of unfilled orders.
• May assist workers in shipping and receiving activities.
Who You Are, We’d like you to have
• Valid BC Driver’s License
• Transportation of Dangerous Goods
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and web browser
• Intermediate knowledge of point of sale systems
• Advanced knowledge of restaurant management software
For your information
Due to the nature of this job, lifting up to 40Lbs may be required once in a while. Bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling are also required once in a while. Limited exposure to outdoors environment. Hourly rate is $17.00
Who You’ll Work With
You’ll report directly to the Food and Beverage Manager and your direct reports will be the Shipper/Receiver.