Reference number: 00185
Post Date: 16 July 2014
Application Close Date: 16 July 2014
Position Status: Seasonal
Room Attendants for Fairmont Hot Springs Resort carry out all the duties for cleaning and servicing the guest rooms to the standards of the resort and make sure all assignments are completed in a timely manner. We are currently hiring for our Spring and Summer season.
- Clean all assigned guest rooms to the standard set by the resort.
- Provide a daily service to specified guest rooms to the standard set by the resort.
- Report any maintenance concerns and damages in guest rooms and public areas to the Supervisor or Manager.
- Collect all soiled linens in the guest rooms and bring them to the sorting area in the Laundry. From time to time, responsible for the sorting of soiled linens in the Laundry Area.
- Promptly and courteously respond to guest questions or concerns on the floor and in guest rooms.
- Stock the Housekeeping Cart in the morning and at the end of shift.
- Clean, organize and stock the Linen Room on a daily basis.
- Trained to follow all annual deep clean procedures in guest rooms.
- Return all items found in guest rooms to the Office for cataloguing. Each item is identified by date, room number and description.
- Report any unusual incident, complaint and damages to the Manager or Supervisor.
- Follow all departmental procedures and policies as outlined in the departmental manual.
- Ability to follow specific direction.
- Ability to do repetitive tasks with few breaks.
- Require to complete WHIMS training.
- Previous experience in cleaning an asset, but not required.
The nature of the position will require working outside the normal work week. This will include working weekends and statutory holidays. Daily requirements may require working overtime. Weekly schedules and regular days off may require changes due to room occupancy levels. Since there are guest rooms located in two areas outside the primary lodge, working outside is required primarily during the spring, summer and autumn and occasionally in the winter.
The position is a physically demanding job where the employee is required to be on their feet for extended periods of time, lift, push and pull heavy objects on a regular basis, stretch and bend, and do repetitive tasks with few breaks.
Manager – Housekeeping
How to Apply:
Please email us your resume and cover letter if you are interested in this available position.