Reference number: 00676
Post Date: 30 June 2014
Application Close Date: 31 July 2014
Division: Health & Safety
Position Status: Full-time
The Lifeguard provides safety in and around the pool facility. Lifeguards perform as accident preventers, rescuers, public relation officers and administrators.
- Lifeguards are responsible for the safety and well being of patrons in pool facility.
- The Lifeguard has both an ethical and legal duty to provide patrons with a high level of concern and a high standard of care for their safety.
- At the same time, the Lifeguard is expected to facilitate this safe, enjoyable aquatic experience.
- Will ensure the pool facility is clean, safety equipment is in place/working condition on a daily basis.
- Do water tests as required daily.
- Assist in Ticket office duties when required.
- Assist in maintenance duties, such as locker room cleaning and pool cleaning shifts, and other tasks around the pool.
- Provide first aid as required.
- Must have a current NLS qualification, and CPR-C, Aed training.
- Good customer service and public relation skills.
As a Lifeguard, you will be required to work day and night shifts. At times you will be doing regular cleaning maintenance, of locker rooms and pools. Challenges with an out door facility are weather and other elements.
Physical and mental fitness are prerequisites for effective lifeguarding. These skills are needed to sustain vigilant, attentive and alert supervision
Head Lifeguard or Hot Springs Manager
How to Apply:
Please contact David Sheedy, HR Manager. Telephone 250 345 6004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.