Reference number: 00834
Post Date: 05 January 2015
Application Close Date: 28 February 2015
Position Status: Seasonal
Laundry Attendants carry out all the duties in the Laundry to the standards of the resort and make sure assignments are completed in a timely manner.
- Sorting all soiled linen brought to the Laundry Area.
- Daily checking laundry chemical levels and replacing when required.
- Loading all washers, properly setting the correct wash cycle, and unloading the washers.
- Loading and unloading all the dryers.
- Folding all linens as per specified guidelines and placing the linens on the correct shelf for storage.
- Iron specified linens following the procedures for the Mangle.
- Follow the procedures for stain spot removal and remove all stained items from inventory for stain removal.
- Stripping the guest rooms of linens when required.
- Maintain the “flow of laundry” in the Laundry Area from sorting to shelving and reduce pile ups in the “flow of laundry”.
- Ability to follow specific direction.
- Ability to count.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stretch, lift and pull.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
The nature of the position will require working outside the normal work week. This will include working weekends and statutory holidays. Daily requirements may require working overtime. Shift work is necessary during the summer season from May to September. Weekly schedules and regular days off may require changes due to room occupancy levels.
The position is a physically demanding job where the employee is required to stand for extended periods of time, lift and pull heavy objects on a regular basis, stretch the arms when folding and do repetitive tasks with few breaks.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and references to David Sheedy, HR Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org