A Joy Infused Christmas Affair
at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort
Celebrate the holidays with us in our winter wonderland. The holiday season at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort is a magical place year-round, and during the holiday season – we up our ante! Our charming lodge will instantly have you whistling a Christmas tune. Venture out into our steaming hot springs, fireside lobby and holiday festivities and let the spirit of the season overtake you.
Dozens of skiers and their blazing torches wind down the slopes through the darkness at our Family Ski Area during the annual Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade, a cherished annual event that kicks off the holiday season at the resort.
“This is a special time of year for everyone at the ski hill,” says Peter Harding, Ski Hill Manager at Fairmont Hot Springs Resort. “The Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade and Fireworks have been a tradition for families and friends for 29 years.”
After the parade, stick around for the finale of fireworks, a fantastic finale to beloved event. Keep an eye out for Santa too! Be sure to arrive early to ensure parking. This free event takes place on December 24th from 5:30 pm to 7 pm.
In addition, our annual Columbia Valley Food Bank fundraiser takes place on Christmas day with free entry into our hot springs by means of a food or cash donation. Our natural mineral hot springs will be open from 10 am until 6 pm on Christmas Day. Come and enjoy a relaxing soak and support our local Food Bank.
Other activities during the holidays include:
- Christmas Day Brunch and Dinner in Mountain Flowers Restaurant (Reservations strongly recommended)
- Kids activities including paint your own Christmas ornaments and build your own mini gingerbread house
- Breakfast with Santa
- Sit on Santa’s knee during his cabin’s visiting hours
- Holiday Yoga throughout the week. Select times on Dec 23, 24, 27 & 30.
- Wine Tasting with our in-house Sommelier Erin Dowsett. Join Erin December 23 & December 30 from 5:00pm – 6:00pm for a taste of 4 of BC’s best wines, each paired with a cheese selected by our Executive Chef. $10 per person.
- Festive musical performances
- Glow in the dark New Year’s Eve pool party. Games, treats, music. FREE with entry to our natural mineral hot springs. Dec 31 from 8 pm to 10:30 pm.
- New Years Eve Party at Bears Paw Bar and Grill. Live DJ, party favors and champagne at midnight. NO COVER! 9 pm to Close
- New Years Eve Fireworks. Dec 31 at 10 pm on the lodge grounds.
“We have all kinds of activities happening at the resort this year. Our holiday events have been created for families to have some fun and reconnect over the holiday season”, says Charlotte Moos, Special Events Coordinator of Fairmont Hot Springs Resort.
Don’t forget about the Fairmont Hot Springs Ski Area. It’s the perfect family-friendly ski hill. Popular features include our new tube park, expanded terrain park and ski and snowboard lessons available daily – there’s truly something for everyone!