The Esthetician administers professional facials, waxing services, nail services and body treatments as assigned, to our guests. They must possess a thorough knowledge of the skin, have excellent facial massage and skin extraction techniques, possess excellent cleanliness and sanitation skills and be willing to train in our spa’s specific facial and body treatment offerings. They must possess excellent communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness and beauty solutions to meet the needs of our guests.
- Provide consistent professional facial and body treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the spa.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products while educating and training guests in these areas.
- Actively promote home care programs, meeting minimum retail sales goals.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required.
- Communicate to management any and all occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Handle guests’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by guests, ensuring complete guest satisfaction.
- Possess ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Support and promote the resort as a whole being helpful to other areas when necessary.
- Other duties as required. Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, as well as basic computer knowledge.
- Problem solving skills, critical thinking, significant use of memory
- Desire for continuous learning
- Must be a team player.
- Must hold a certification and diploma for your field.
- Minimum of two years experience in field.
This is a fast paced environment during certain times of the year in which you will work under pressure, with tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, and attention to detail will be necessary. You will need to be flexible with scheduling, you will work weekends and time off at peak times will likely not be granted.
This position is physically demanding and involves a combination of sitting, standing, walking, carrying laundry, standing for extended periods of time, bending, crouching and kneeling.
Report to the Spa Manager, no direct report