The successful candidate will possess a valid drivers license, and valid, BC Security License, a strong independent work ethic. This position works evenings and midnights, and is responsible for security around the resort. Wage dependent on experience.
• Ensure the property is secure after hours, reporting on any areas found to be insecure
• Patrol common areas to report on, and discourage inappropriate activities of either guests or staff
• Respond to requests for aid by guests or staff, and contacting appropriate responders where deemed appropriate
• Represent the interests of the resort during off-hours
• Security designation as required by BC Law
• First Aid mandatory, Level 3 First Aid preferred
• Computer literate
• Able to communicate effectively with the public
• High school diploma
• Security clearance
This position is only on at night (midnight shift) and so shift work is mandatory. There is physical exertion involved in the position, requiring that the employee be physically fit.
As the security person is always ‘on call’, breaks when possible